Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This course will tell you about simple steps you can take to stay healthy and prevent the spread of the virus and disease.
- Describe what coronaviruses are and the health concerns associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Recall the signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Summarize the ways that the SARS-CoV-2 virus is transmitted and the ways to prevent its spread
- Describe how to care for COVID-19 patients at home
- Outline COVID-19 workplace preparedness considerations
- Course Features
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- About COVID-19 – Health Concerns, Symptoms, Transmission
- What are the concerns?
- Coronavirus Facts
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Transmission Facts
- Prevention Measures
- Prevention – Seven Simple Steps
- How can I protect others?
- Caring for someone who is sick
- Workplace Considerations
- How can I protect myself at work?
- Developing a Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Preparedness Plan
- Three Strategies to Prepare and Protect Your Company
- Business Continuity Plan – Other Considerations
- Coping with Uncertainty
- Staying Up to Date on COVID-19 Developments
- Course Completion
General industry; General public
Accessible, audio, mobile